Oct 24, 2012: 45 min beach walk, 30 min kettlebell routine, 30 yoga, 30 SMR
Oct 25, 2012: 30 road walk, 15 SMR. Took it easy today because after yesterday’s KB workout, I had strong pain in my scapula and neck area and a raging headache. It came on nearly immediately after finishing my 6th set of 5/5 halo’s with the 12kg KB. Took a tabbie but pain didn’t completely go away until over 24 hours later. Also had some sharpish knee pain so skipped yoga today.
Did do some fencing/tree lopping but in attempting to make sure a huge branch didn’t roll onto me – I tripped and fell. Luckily, all I have is a biggish gash on my thigh.
I’m not sure where I found this – – – possibly Tania’s blog? Where ever I found it – I think it’s spot on. After 2 weeks – I can confidently say that SO FAR – I’m on the right track.
So how do you know when you are on the right track with your health and fitness program?
- you eating clean (fruit, vegetables, lean meat, grains etc) everyday
- you spend 30 min everyday (minimum) partaking in some form of physical activity
- your clothes are getting looser
- you feel stronger; be it you have increased your weights at the gym, carry more shopping, unscrew a jar lid etc
- you have increased your cardiovascular endurance – i.e. you can now climb the stairs, walk further, walk faster, run, run further, run faster – you can perform more reps with less rest – you can now perform tasks you once struggled with
- you have more energy throughout the day
- you feel happier and more confident
- you have thrown those scales away